For some crazy reason I decided to watch a bit of mass media this morning. Whatever was I thinking? The big news item seems to be a Navy commander’s "Raunchy" and "Risque" Skits video taken four years ago over a period of time. George Snuffleupagus interviewed a former Navy Lt. Carey Lohrenz on the subject (interesting that they picked a woman to interview). His lead-in was what made me crazy. He mentioned the Navy Tailhook scandal in 1991and asked, "…if it surprised her that a video like this could happen in the wake of such scandal where so much change was called for…" My first thought was that 20 years ago is a long wake, but I guess they are big ships (heh).
Anyway, I don’t know much about Navy protocol, and I have not seen the video, but I do know how the Media tends to exaggerate and often rock the boat more than any Navy vessel could ever do. The Media definitely carries a big stick and certainly stirs the stuff. Considering these news shows come from the same source (TV) that produces a constant stream of filth, I wonder that they can point the finger at anyone else. We could look at some SNL skits, daytime soap operas, comedians, etc. to find pretty much the same stuff.
I thought Former Navy Lt. Lorhrenz did a fairly good job of dampening the Media fire, but still being polite (or covering her butt). I will be interested to see how others feel about the situation.

0 Yorumlar