Pasties..Scrumpy..Narrow lanes..High hedges..Steep climbs from picturesque villages? Yes I'm in Cornwall for a few days and loving every minute.
**
We are staying in a two up, two down in one of those steep seaside villages. I now understand why Cornish folk are a healthy breed...all that hill climbing!
October sunshine is making everything picture perfect. The South west cliff paths walks have established a love hate relationship with me. As soon as you set off downhill a nagging thought enters your head...what goes down inevitably has to come back up. I shouldn't complain stopping to catch your breath gives way to absolutely stunning views. Some of my favourites are overlooking Lantic bay...WOW! I'd love to know some of your favourite coastal paths...in Cornwall you are definitely spoilt for choice.
**
National Trust properties have featured heavily this week. Lanhydrock was stunning. I didn't realise it was so large, over 50 rooms to view. The beamed kitchen ceiling was awesome...although a bit of a problem to spring clean no doubt! Trerice was having a window blind problem when we arrived. New blinds to protect the furnishings had just been installed. Sadly the volunteers were not impressed because they blocked too much light...I feel words will be spoken in high places.
**
Obviously we had to visit the Lost gardens of Heligan. Having said that many of our wanderings this week have felt like we have entered lost worlds. Trenarren was one such place. We stumbled upon it on one of our cliff walks. Even the sun seemed to struggle to find this hidden valley village. Geese and chickens abounded. The atmosphere was definitely like stepping back 100 years or more.
So Heligan didn't come as a surprise. We loved our visit. Autumnal hues everywhere..smokey bonfires perfumed the air..and amazing Tamworth pigs rooting around in the undergrowth. We will have to return in the spring to really see it at its colourful best.
**
Eden is on the agenda for later this week. Last time we visited was about 14 years ago when it had first opened . So I expect to see great changes. I'll let you know!

0 Yorumlar