Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sewing, Molly and recipes....

As I said at the beginning of the week I am having a sewing week this week.  Got the two quilt blocks done that I had to do.  Got my apron made.  I used Simplicity Pattern #2691 It's fully reversible and wraps around your body.

I made this for a fundraiser/competition.  For every apron that is entered $5 is donated to a mission in Tanzania  You can win a $100 gift card for Cobwebs and Caviar, the quilting store where I am part of the block of the month club, or a free class.  I don't anticipating winning either but thought it was all in a good cause.

This is the front or the back of the apron:

This also could be the front or the back of the apron, depending on your mood?
This is a close up of the fabric, it is black and beige, sorry about the quality of the photo.
I thought I'd show you what I did with the blue English Paper Piecing, I am liking the border I put on it.  There is a lot more to be done on it.
I didn't do any sewing on Thursday, as I was busy with other things.

Now Molly had a super busy day on Thursday guarding the property from "marauding" squirrels, all from the back deck.  It kept her busy all day.  Mind you all that guarding had her worn out.  So much so she collapsed on the sofa for a well deserved rest........

That's her new thing by the way to hide her face under the pillow when she is sleeping!  Still have her on 1/2 pill per day for her allergies (the steroid one).  I have tried cutting her back to every other day, but she scratches like crazy.  I'll try cutting her back again by the end of the month, as by then she'll have been on her new food for six weeks, and the bee pollen a month.  Otherwise she is well.

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot today?

Today's Money Saving Tip:

Use your microwave oven to cook meals.  It doesn't heat up the house, it cooks the food faster and there are hundreds of recipes out there for microwave cooking, including my recipe for carrot soup.

Here are a couple of links for recipes that are made in the microwave:


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar