Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revisions: Round 1 - COMPLETE

So I've been MIA from the blogging world, but I have a good excuse. I'm pretty much a zombie as I type up this post (Sunday evening). I've been nonstop reading my pretty spiral bound copy of my WIP, scribbling notes in it, and scratching out the most ridiculous sentences I've ever seen since Thursday. But round one is DONE!

I like this method because the first round is a physical copy that I make actual physical notes. I get to slash through things with markers and mark things with stickies. I found things I forgot about, things I don't even remember writing in the first place, some things that made me scratch my chin and say WOW, I WROTE THAT? in a good way, and in an omg that's awful way too.

Now this week, I'll go back through all my pretty notes (and by pretty I mean so messy I can barely read my own writing and follow all my arrows) and implement these changes in the actual document on the computer, thus becoming the SECOND round of revisions as I read through everything again. I actually can't wait for this one. I'm hoping I cut out as much as I think I did.

How do you handle revisions? Do you do it all on the computer, or do you like to print it out and get messy with a hard copy like I do?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar