Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Prepping for the big guys visit!

 I decided to put my good dishes in the cupboard above the frig.  I think Miss Merry suggested it and it worked out perfectly.......These dishes mean a lot to me but they're not expensive.  I got them back in the day when you could get a piece or pieces based on your grocery bill.  They are grocery store dishes that I collected for quite a while.  There were 6 in our family so our grocery bill was always pretty big. 

I have my Mother's dishes (2 sets) which are very expensive china but they're not my style and my dishes have memories attached to them. 

While cleaning I ran into this gadget....do you know what it is?  I got it at an antique store or flea market somewhere...it was tucked away and I never used it.

This is the inside..........

To the best of my knowledge, it is an old fashioned juicer but I haven't tried it yet.  It would be nice, as the juice you buy in the store is pasteurized and that kills off the vitamins from what I understand...same with sauerkraut and milk or anything that is pasteurized.  I want to make my own kraut one of these days.   I'll do some research and get back to you on this "juicer"..

The only things I have on the frig are on the side and it's inventory sheets, menu and recipes for the week/month..........plus a number for a 24 hour nurse from my insurance company.

A juvenile woodpecker stopped by today............

It was menu, grocery list,  and grocery order today.  I didn't think it would be that much but I needed vacuum seal bags for the Food Saver and they are pricey.  I also got baking supplies for Christmas baking.  I'll pick them up tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.  Tomorrow it's going to be in the 70's.....temps have really run the gambit lately.  I need to go do a bit more cleaning before the day is over.

Here's a little Christmas cheer or Holiday Hoopla whichever you prefer............

 



Happy Trails!!!     

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar