This is my new "going out in public attire" which I started wearing on Friday when we went grocery shopping. No, I am not taking needed masks from health-care professionals. The other day while looking for a new tooth brush in downstairs storage room, I happened upon a small box of surgical masks I had completely forgotten about. I still can remember when I bought them, but there they were, and now I am using those when I go out. I may even try my hand and sewing some cloth masks this week.
We brought our groceries home and put all the bags out on the back patio, then took everything out and wiped each item off with disinfectant wipes before bringing the items into the house and putting them away.
Friday, in addition to grocery shopping, we needed to go to Home Depot for some more cleaner for our hardwood floors. Customers were lined up outside, socially distanced and only a few a time were allowed in the store.
Later, we took both of our cars in to this repair shop for oil changes.
Later in the afternoon, after grading and emailing students, I indexed some Minnesota death records from 1935.
Friday night we enjoyed the leftover takeout pizza and cheesy bread from Pier 49 for dinner.
Saturday evening, we decided to get KFC for dinner so we went to drive through. The store's computer crashed, so we waited in the drive through live for almost 40 minutes to get our order. I enjoy KFC's Famous Bowls, but don't know if I will go there again knowing their computer might crash.
Both Saturday and Sunday was our church's General Conference. We watch all the session on TV in our living room, and I took notes on all the messages. It was a tremendous spiritual experience.
I love listening to the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square. Of course, due to COVID-19 the choir did not actually assemble to provide music this weekend, but previously recorded hymns were played. "Heark All Ye Nations" is one that we heard Saturday evening - truly one of my favorite hymns. I find this beautiful anthem of praise so very moving.
I am so grateful for my faith in Jesus Christ, especially during uncertain and troubled times, like we are currently living through.
Our church leaders asked us to join together in a Worldwide Day of Fasting and Prayer this coming Friday, April 10, 2020. We are fasting and praying that COVID-19 can be controlled, that medical caregivers will be protected, that the economy will be strengthened and that life will be normalized. I hope that you will join in prayer with us this Friday.
After listening to General Conference on this beautiful Psalm Sunday, I went for a walk around the neighborhood. After the wonderful uplifting, hopeful messages we heard over the course of this weekend, I felt the most happy, hopeful and peaceful, I have in some time.
Tonight, I plan to do some reading in these two books, then perhaps watch a show on PBS about World War II, World on Fire.
Charly, who loves history probably even more than I do, said it sounded good, so we will probably watch it.
That's about it for this Psalm Sunday Weekend. Please consider joining the Worldwide day of fasting and prayer for relief from COVID-19, if you can. Not everyone can fast, but we can all pray. I believe that God hears all our prayers. I will leave you with this scripture from the New Testament, James 1:5.












0 Yorumlar