Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mincemeat and apple sponge pudding


OH is a huge pudding fan.  Gluten free puddings can be a bit iffy  but mostly I prefer to go without.  So yesterday he had a real hankering for a pudding to have with custard.  BTW Alpro's vanilla custard is so good everyone eats it without realising it's dairy free.

So looking at what I had in the cupboard and fruit bowl I had an idea for using up some of that 5p mincemeat from earlier in the year.  I couldn't find a recipe so I made this one up.

Mincemeat and apple sponge pudding

150g Pure spread
150g sugar
150g Doves Farm self raising gluten free flour
50g ground almonds
2 eggs
4 tbsp. Alpro Vanilla milk

1 apple, cored and chopped into small pieces, skin on
2/3 jar of mincemeat

Cream Pure spread and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time with a spoonful flour and beat.  Add sieved flour, almonds and milk and beat together until smooth.

Grease a medium sized casserole dish and put mincemeat on the bottom.  Add the apple then the sponge mixture on top.

It took 50 mins in the oven at Gas 5 until the middle of the sponge was firm.

Serve with custard.

OH declared it the best pudding he's ever had, not just the best GF!  Bit chuffed here :-)

BTW, this morning I worked out that in 100 days I'll be 50!!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar