Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fall Out in the Kitchen. . .

This week I have been having fun showing my Fall décor one room at a time.  I hope you have enjoyed it so far.

At our house the kitchen and family room are where all the action is.  Whether we are eating, playing a game, or watching T.V.; this is where you will find us most of the time.

It is one big open room that kind of runs together.  Because of that I have carried the same colors of red, green, and aqua throughout.  For Fall I have thrown in shades of yellow and orange.

The kitchen table is one of the first things I decorate for any holiday or season.

IMG_8099

I thought I would show you a close up of my aqua painted island.  I was a bit hesitant at first when trying to decide whether or not to go with this color. Sure glad I did! I have loved it ever since.

IMG_8100

I found this cute little cart at an antique store.  The owner told me that it was a berry cart.  She said that they would roll it along the rows of strawberries and fill the small individual berry baskets that it held.  I thought it was so cute that I had to bring it home.  My friend, Ann just gave me the darling cake stand for a belated birthday present.  It has hob nail around the base.

IMG_8098

More of my wheat dish collection.  These yellow ones are my favorite.

PicMonkey Collage

I placed my aqua candelabra on the table to bring in a touch of blue.  I really like blue and orange together for Fall.

IMG_8097

My sister, Julie found this set of wheat dishes at the D.I.  I’m not a lover of gold, but with wheat I didn’t mind it.  The plates are displayed in a plate rack while the smaller items are stacked in my vintage wicker baby scale.  Notice my Scentsy candle hiding behind it.  My daughter, Kylee gave me the glasses.

wheat

I made this stitchery two years ago.  It’s probably my favorite Fall decoration.

IMG_8083

I tea dyed it for a vintage look.  the leaves are tiny bits of fabric tacked down.

IMG_8084

Touches of Fall scattered here and there throughout the countertop.

counter

My blue scale is my most recent vintage find.  I love a bit of old mixed in with the new.  Or maybe it’s the other way around. hee-hee!

IMG_8082

My cupboard door turned tray is always fun to work into a vignette.

IMG_8074

I think these crows are rather happy to be lying amongst these sunflower seeds.

IMG_8075

My bowl stand is holding an assortment of green.  Next to it is an old chippy red high chair and a Fall apron I made 3 or 4 years ago.  You can see this is the place where kitchen turns into family room.

IMG_8101

IMG_8103

IMG_8092

Hope you enjoyed the tour of what is one of my favorite rooms in our home. . .the kitchen.

Hugs,

Jann

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

fall pbimg9l

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

Sand and Sisal Coutdown to Fall

countdown-to-fall-button-copy

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar