Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Exhaustigated

Just about ready to fall off my desk chair here so I hope I can make sense. Chicken Mama left a few minutes ago after stopping by on her way home and her parting words to me were, "You should really try to live through this, Mama, so you can enjoy it when it's done."

Rained all day yesterday and very gray with un-bee-leev-able humidity today and temperature in the 80s. I thought we were done with this awful sticky stuff for this year.

These following pictures are from yesterday.

Because of the rain we had to do all the cutting, routing, sawing and gluing inside yesterday. It spread sawdust and assorted particles flying through the air into every nook and cranny.

B and Papa Pea gluing the laminate onto the back splash of the 12' long counter. The spray glue to hold the laminate down was noxious. I wore my Mrs. Darth Vader mask all day and we had two fans going to exhaust the fumes.

Counter is built and in place. Crikey, that thing was heavy.

Preparations to cut the hole for the sink in the counter.

That's B inside an unbelievably small area screwing the counter top down.

Then the fun began. After being without a kitchen sink for two days I was ready to hook up the new faucet and spray attachment. All went well until we found we were missing a very vital clamp that held two pieces together. When we purchased the faucet set, the box was taped shut but when we got into it yesterday it became evident the contents had been tampered with. This was a faucet set that had been purchased in the big city, 130 miles away. Nothing like it in our little town. They system simply could not be jury-rigged or made to work without that clamp.

We took the old faucet off our old sink we'd just removed and got that temporarily hooked up so that at least I do having running water in the kitchen sink. You should have seen the batch of dishes I tackled first thing this morning . . . after Papa Pea worked until 11 last night to get us temporarily up and going.

Now we have to wait for the needed part to arrive first of next week before we can proceed. But we did get the 7' island in today so I'll take some pictures of that tomorrow.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar